Summary of Position: The successful candidate will provide day to day management of clinical programs, managing relationships with CROs, clinical sites, and external vendors, and working collaboratively with medical, data management, statistics, and regulatory affairs to ensure operational delivery against development plans.
Job Title: VP Clinical Operations
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Vice President Title Responsibilities:
- Lead significant units, departments, or operations within Aravive.
- Participate on the president- or CEO-led team that creates the organization’s overall vision, mission, values, beliefs, and strategic goals.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of other executive leaders, including senior directors, and managers.
- Evaluate the success of the organization. Does the organization achieve the overall success that was budgeted for, planned for, and aimed to accomplish? If not, why not? If not, the VP addresses how to get the organization back on track. The VP is responsible for generating unique solutions to operational deficiencies, budgeting limitations or employee complaints.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards. Be aware of any opportunities the organization can leverage and pursue for its advantage.
The differential for the role of VP is that the COO can assign other new, unforeseen responsibilities that will ultimately help the organization achieve success.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of the VP, Clinical Operations:
- Provide operational expertise to the planning and execution of clinical strategies to achieve Aravive’s clinical development goals, leading the operations team as a project management and clinical expert.
- Proactively identify and mitigate clinical operations risks, including development and implementation of contingency plans.
- Manage all clinical operations budgets and timelines, working closely with finance and legal to identify and assess potential changes in project scope and impacts on forecasts.
- Manage and oversee all GCP vendors as primary Sponsor contact, ensuring adherence to contractual obligations and timeline commitments.
- Ensure clinical support for the planning of health authority meetings and clinical submissions, including development of timelines and coordination of submission activities across the operations team.
- Maintain clinical timelines and performance metrics and provide timely updates to senior management and the Board of Directors.
This position will also have responsibility for collaborating with development partners and does require travel to manage internal and external team members.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or advanced degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- A minimum of 10 years of clinical operations experience, with at least 5 years at the executive level in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology or CRO environment.
- Prior departmental and line management experience is required.
- Therapeutic experience in oncology is required.
- Experience in all phases of clinical trials through marketing submission.
- Prior participation in supporting submissions and clinical strategies to FDA and other health authorities is preferred.
Aravive, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company Overview: Aravive, Inc. is a clinical-stage oncology company developing transformative, targeted therapeutics to treat life-threatening cancers. The company is based in Houston, Texas, and has a satellite office in the Research Triangle Park area in NC. For more information, please visit our website at https://aravive.com.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com