Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Aravive is seeking to attract a key member of its senior leadership team to be Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). Reporting to the CEO, this is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in the strategic future of an innovative biotechnology company, leading its commercial activities as the company evolves from a development stage organization to a commercial entity and launches its first product.
This individual will serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and will provide the leadership, strategic vision, and functional expertise required to lead the company to successful commercialization of the company’s lead product, batiraxcept, initially in its first potential indication of platinum-resistant ovarian cancer and subsequently in additional potential oncology indications. This executive will possess a high level of proficiency and demonstrated expertise in overall commercial operations, including portfolio strategy, new product planning, marketing, market access, commercial analytics, forecasting, and sales. Ideally, this individual will have demonstrated success in launching one or more biotech oncology medicines. Because this is a small biotechnology company, most of these commercial tasks will be outsourced.
- Build a best-in-class, high-performance commercial team, including marketing, market access and field sales using external vendors.
- Oversee all commercial aspects of the launch and sales of batiraxcept in the US market, including brand strategy, prelaunch commercialization, launch planning and execution, in line marketing, sales, market access, business development, and related support functions.
- Lead, define, develop, and communicate the overall strategy and resource requirements to successfully launch batiraxcept in the US.
- Manage/oversee market access strategy and implementation to ensure optimal coverage, reimbursement, and access.
- Manage/oversee marketing strategy and implementation, including product branding, positioning, promotional planning and execution, market access, and selling strategy.
- Manage/oversee sales strategy and implementation, including field sales organizational design, recruitment, training, and execution.
- With Finance, manage commercial P&L as well as annual and longer-term financial planning, including personnel and promotional budgeting, and sales forecasting. Advocate for necessary resources and deliver annual sales and profit forecasts.
- Oversee Business Development and Licensing activities, including identifying potential commercial partners in US and Internationally, negotiating favorable license terms and managing deal approvals internally and externally.
- Provide commercial analysis and direction for the development and management of the product pipeline, including prelaunch commercialization, and ensure that plans for current and future products are fully aligned with the needs of patients and the healthcare system.
- Contribute significantly as a member of the ELT; develop and foster close and trusting working relationships with each of the ELT members.
- Regularly interact with the Board of Directors regarding a wide array of current and future commercial business topics.
- Work closely with Aravive medical leadership to provide commercial input into clinical development plans, regulatory strategy, medical affairs planning and execution.
- Effectively take an externally facing role with investors and the media and maintain strong relations with key opinion leaders, patient advocates, policy shapers and other stakeholders.
- A player/coach with team leadership skills and the ability to manage, mentor, and develop a team is required.
- 15+ years of commercial experience, including new product planning, market launch, marketing, market access, and sales leadership experience.
- Education: Biomedical undergraduate degree preferred. MBA is a plus. Educational credentials can be traded off against relevant experience with demonstrated success.
- Preferred experience in emerging biopharma/biotech and oncology. Combination of big pharma and biotech experience is ideal.
- Demonstrated success in launching new oncology therapies into the US Market.
- Experience leading teams independently and cross-functionally.
- Experience managing commercial activities across contract organizations.
- Demonstrated success in building effective commercial organizations; recruiting, retaining, and developing employees; and building the relationships essential to influencing decision-making at all levels in biopharma organizations.
- Extensive experience with developing and executing marketing strategy and tactics, field leadership, market research and analysis, and business forecasting.
- Experience in business development and licensing activities, including negotiating commercial licenses.
- Strong executive presence and focus and drive to succeed.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving dynamic small company environment.
- A resourceful and creative problem solver who will roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Current US work authorization is required.
- Ability to travel domestically.
Company Overview: Aravive, Inc. is a a late clinical-stage oncology company developing transformative, targeted therapeutics to treat metastatic disease. The company is based in Houston, Texas, and has a satellite office in the Research Triangle Park area in NC. For more information, please visit our website at https://aravive.com.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aravive, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.