Summary of Position:
The successful candidate will provide day to day management of clinical programs, managing relationship with CROs, clinical sites, overseeing data management, statistics, external experts, analyzing and integrating data. This position has responsibility for evaluating and recommending clinical strategies, external resources, negotiating budgets for clinical activities, and working closely with Medical staff to assume current medical standards are embedded in clinical studies. The successful candidate will be responsible for updating senior management and the Board of Directors on critical activities and advising on development strategies. This position will also have responsibility for collaborating with development partners.
Job Title: VP Clinical Operations
Reports to: SVP Clinical Operations and Medical Affairs
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work across all aspects of clinical and proactively identifying potential issues and put in plans to mitigate/avert.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of personnel, including members of the Board of Directors.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with no supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- D. or Pharm.D. required
- A minimum of 10 years of clinical operations experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology, is required.
- Prior line management experience is required.
- Prior monitoring and/or clinical project management experience is required.
- Therapeutic experience in oncology (preferred)
- Experience in all phases of clinical trials through marketing submission
- Successful presenting/defending clinical strategies to FDA and other regulatory agencies
Aravive, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company Overview: Aravive, Inc. is developing treatments designed to halt progression of life-threatening diseases, including cancer and fibrosis. Our approach draws on novel insights into targeting signaling pathways that drive the activation, migration and invasion of abnormal cells into healthy tissues. The company is based in Houston, Texas, and received support from the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). For more information, please visit our website at https://aravive.wpengine.com.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org