Summary of Position:
The successful candidate will provide contract support for all departments of the Company. This individual will have the responsibility for reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements in support of departmental and Company objectives and goals. The initial focus of this position will be to provide comprehensive legal support for the launch of multiple clinical trials, manufacture/supply of drug product, program-related vendor contracts and other general corporate agreements. The position will also include working with outside counsel and cross-functional teams to support the legal needs and activities of the Company. Aravive is a fast-paced, small organization and the ability to multitask and be productive and successful in an intense and collaborative work environment is critical.
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Morrisville, NC
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: Fall/Winter, 2020
Key Essential Functions:
- Manage the contract process from initial contract request through full execution, with a keen understanding of risk mitigation for contract review and negotiation, and when to seek the guidance of legal counsel and the chief financial officer.
- Independently review, negotiate and finalize all confidentiality agreements, work orders, scopes of work, consulting agreement, clinical trial agreements, and all third-party vendor agreements for all departments.
- Review, negotiate, and finalize clinical trial agreements with study sites worldwide for all phases of clinical trials independently for multiple studies.
- Identify and assess business and legal risks in accordance with approved Company guidelines.
- Act as point of contact for external clients for contract revisions outside of approved negotiation parameters.
- Provide contract language recommendations and alternative resolutions contracts negotiations to internal and external clients.
- Manage the Company’s internal contract management system.
- Collaborate with the finance department and filing of electronic and paper copies.
- Provide contract information as needed to all departments and auditors.
- Ability to work independently while exercising flexibility and good judgement.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years’ contract experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical/CRO industry.
- Paralegal Certification Strongly Preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organization skills with ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
Aravive, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company Overview: Aravive, Inc. is developing treatments designed to halt progression of life-threatening diseases, including cancer. Our approach draws on novel insights into targeting signaling pathways that drive the activation, migration and invasion of abnormal cells into healthy tissues. The company is based in Houston, Texas, and received support from the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). For more information, please visit our website at https://aravive.wpengine.com.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com