Summary of Position:
The Associate Director/Director, Data Sciences is an in-house position located in our Morrisville, NC office. The successful candidate will hold a postgraduate degree in a Statistics-related discipline and be technically strong in SAS analysis procedures and programming. Substantial clinical trials experience in oncology is a further critical need. Our work environment requires strong collaboration with members of cross-functional clinical trials teams, representing the Statistics and Programming functions. The work activities will include protocol development, Statistical Analysis Plan reviews, CSR reviews, integrated electronic submissions planning, oversight/guidance for CRO statistical analysis providers, and in-house ad hoc analyses as needed. Aravive is a fast-paced, small organization where it is important to be productive and focused in an intensely collaborative work environment.
Job Title: Associate Director/Director, Data Sciences (Statistics and Programming)
Reports to: SVP Data Sciences
Employment Type: Full-Time/Permanent
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Raleigh/Durham, NC
Date: Spring, 2021
Key Essential Functions:
- Serve as a lead statistical scientist for one or more protocols
- Oversee and consult with vendors where statistical support activities are contracted
- Provide SAS exploratory and planned analysis programs, graphical output, and complex listings as needed
- Contribute to data management standard efforts and develop analysis and results presentation standards that support the full asset database and corresponding SDTM and ADaM dataset needs
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Proven successful experience as a lead statistical scientist in oncology clinical trials
- Fluent SAS analysis and programming skills software as used in oncology clinical trials
- Fluent with writing and reviewing database and analysis specifications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, manage a variety of tasks with competing priorities, and work effectively under pressure in a virtual R&D organization; adapt to change as needed; possess strong project management skills
- Establish and maintain professional and productive working relationships with team members
- Communication agility:
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, and influencing skills;
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to help cross-functional teams to understand data and analysis issues;
- Ability to deliver within agreed internal and external timelines;
- Intuition to appropriately escalate complex issues as needed.
- Excellent organization skills with acute attention to detail
- Strong desktop computer skills for MS Office products
- Master’s Degree (>7 years of experience) or Doctoral Degree (>5 years of experience) in statistics-related discipline with relevant statistical/programming experience in the pharmaceutical industry, especially in oncology
- Advanced certifications in SAS a plus. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Proven successful experience as a lead statistical scientist in oncology trials.
- Fluency with CDISC SDTM and ADaM guidances (SEND and NCI familiarity also helpful)
- Expertise in providing publication-ready graphics from SAS preferred
- Analysis/programming skills in R or Python
Aravive, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company Overview: Aravive, Inc. is developing treatments designed to halt progression of life-threatening diseases, including cancer and fibrosis. Our approach draws on novel insights into targeting signaling pathways that drive the activation, migration and invasion of abnormal cells into healthy tissues. The company is based in Houston, Texas, and received support from the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). For more information, please visit our website at https://aravive.wpengine.com.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com