Summary of Position:
We are seeking a highly talented and innovative scientist to lead Aravive’s bispecific antibody discovery project through to clinical development. This highly visible role will require the candidate to collaborate and work with topline scientists across multiple organizations including academic institutions and contract research organization to build a robust preclinical package for the therapeutic program. The candidate should have a strong background in immunology, biochemistry, oncology and cell biology and proven strong expertise with the design of therapeutic biologics. The candidate must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as work independently, with the ability to communicate effectively across groups.
Job Title: Executive Director/VP, Discovery & Translational Medicine
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Key Essential Functions:
- Lead pipeline project(s) from concept through IND-enabling stage
- Develop in-depth scientific knowledge around the target’s biology, propose new ideas and contribute to project direction intellectually
- Develop biological testing strategies to guide the design of biotherapeutics with improved biological properties and biophysical and developability characteristics
- Design and outsource preclinical studies to validate the in vivo function of the discovery antibodies
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely record of experiments and database
- Independently analyze data and provide accurate summary to leadership and present data at cross-functional meetings with scientific rigor
- Collaborate and develop close scientific partnership with other functional areas
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in antibody drug development and cancer biology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work productively in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to prepare and make scientific presentations
- Track record of increasing responsibility and independence in a similar role in pharmaceutical drug development or academia
- Ability to work independently in virtual R&D organization with demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experimental plan
- Excellent organization skills with acute attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- A PhD in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or Molecular Biology with 10 years relevant biotech and pharma experience. Protein engineering and cancer biology experience is beneficial.
Aravive, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company Overview: Aravive, Inc. is developing treatments designed to halt progression of life-threatening diseases, including cancer and fibrosis. Our approach draws on novel insights into targeting signaling pathways that drive the activation, migration and invasion of abnormal cells into healthy tissues. The company is based in Houston, Texas, and received support from the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). For more information, please visit our website at http://www.aravive.com.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com