Summary of Position:
We are seeking an MD with clinical development experience in oncology to lead all of Clinical Development and drive clinical/regulatory strategy and oversee our ongoing clinical studies. The candidate should have a strong drug development background and proven expertise with the design and execution of programs investigating therapeutic biologics. The candidate must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as work independently, with the ability to communicate effectively across internal teams and CROS.
Job Title: SVP /EVP Clinical Development
Reports to: CEO
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Key Essential Functions:
- Represent medical in review/development of safety reports, safety events, and safety summaries, analyzing for trends in the data
- Support and drive as needed the development of publications and posters
- Provide medical input and oversight on regulatory document preparation
- Address inquiries from Investigators on eligibility and patient management
- Organize and deliver relevant training to Medical Affairs Operations / CRO staff
- Participate in the preparation and review of clinical study reports as assigned
- Represent the company in due diligence activities
- Manage regulatory, clinical writing, data management, and clinical operations
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of clinical trials and study designs.
- Medical practice experience, preferably in oncology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work productively in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Ability to work independently in virtual R&D organization with demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experimental plan
- Excellent organization skills with acute attention to detail
- Outstanding medical and scientific writing/editing skills with strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A doctor of medicine degree (MD).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in clinical development or medical affairs.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in oncology.
- Travel of up to 20% may be required.
Aravive, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company Overview: Aravive, Inc. is developing treatments designed to halt progression of life-threatening diseases, including cancer and fibrosis. Our approach draws on novel insights into targeting signaling pathways that drive the activation, migration and invasion of abnormal cells into healthy tissues. The company is based in Houston, Texas, and received support from the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). For more information, please visit our website at https://aravive.wpengine.com.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com